Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New beta version for multimonitor users

Hi all,

Some users have reported issues when using FotoSketcher on multiple monitors and I have been able to reproduce the problem on my configuration: some windows tend to open on the wrong monitor or half on one monitor and half on the other...

If you have experienced this bug, you can download a beta version of FotoSketcher which should hopefully correct this: http://www.fotosketcher.com/FotoSketcher_beta.exe

I would be grateful if you could let me know whether this has solved the problem for you.

All the best,

David

P.S. Nothing to do with the bug fix, but here is portrait of late actor James Stewart (original photo credit Baron/Getty Images). I used the pencil sketch 1 filter (with maximum contrast), then used as source (F12) and applied the painting 7 (brushstrokes) filter:

2 comments:

Infos diverses said...

Bonjour David,
I use only one monitor, so I don't need the beta version, but I found your James Stewart drawing very nice! I'll try it... Also, I'm glad you are working to improve Fotosketcher, that's a great news! Will you also add an "Impasto" effect with the new version?

Pierre
(from British Columbia, Canada)

David said...

Bonjour Pierre,

I still haven't been able to produce a convincing impasto effect, but I'm still working on it ;-)

As for Jimmy Stewart, here is another portrait: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12800000/James-Stewart-painted-portrait-james-stewart-12834354-961-1174.jpg

Cheers,

David