Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year and upcoming FotoSketcher 2.40

First of all, let me wish you the very best for 2013!

I have been busy rewriting quite a lot of code in FotoSketcher, mainly to recreate the user interface without using any third party code.
Hopefully this will make it easier for me to maintain and debug.

Here is a screenshot of the future release (2.40):


I have ironed out most of the bugs and I am now working on some new functions. The first one I've added is DPI support for JPG images (for the technically oriented, I now read and write the JFIF header).
I am also planning on adding quite a few more features and will let you know when a beta version is ready for testing.

In the meantime, have fun!

All the best,

David

2 comments:

Pierre - BC - Canada said...

Salut David!

I want to be the first to wish you the Best for 2013... and many happy hours of coding to you.

I want to let you know that I know switched to Windows 8, and all the problems I had with Vista seem to have vanished!

Now, I'm eager to try your new 2.40 version. So keep it coming!

Pierre

David said...

Merci, Pierre :-)
Great news about Windows 8.
Here are some new functions I've added to version 2.40: dpi support (as already mentioned), possibility to save a picture during processing and better directory management (keeping track of current open, save and manual brushes directories).
No new effect yet, but I've started implementing a script engine (to chain multiple effects).
I'll post on this blog when I have a working version.