Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Classic Painter styles - coming soon

Hi all,

FotoSketcher Studio 4.70 is coming along nicely. On top of three painting effects ported from the classic version of FotoSketcher (3.98), I have also added a new improved linear halftone effect.

I've also been working for a long time (I actually started years ago) on a new brushstroke engine. Rather than relying on brush images (such as Photoshop or Affinity Photo brushes), this new engine generates simulated brushstrokes. This gives me a lot of flexibility and allows for very different styles.

As a small teaser, here are two examples, in the style of Van Gogh and Rembrandt:



Stay tuned for another big update!

All the best,

David

5 comments:

David García said...

I'm really excited about this new brushstrokes simulating the style of famous painters! I can't wait! Thanks, David!

David said...

Thanks, David! I'm currently doing some testing and code optimization. I should have an alpha version ready for testing around the week-end ;)

Anonymous said...

Very awesome stuff! Will this new brush engine allow us to use a seed for generations?

may said...

You have the best filters ever, very excited about this new feature.

David said...

Thank you! As for the seed number, I might add it in the script engine as a parameter to pass. This keeps the UI simple but gives power users a way to fine tune their process.